Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Bandana Beach Favor Bags

Hi Everybody!
I recently got a chance to play around with Tulip Fabric Markers, some deliciously pretty Laura Kelly buttons, and different materials (bandana, canvas, or a t-shirt) thanks to Laura Kelly.  It was a mystery box we were offered, so when I saw what I was going to get to play with I was excited!!  

We could make anything we wanted, as long as it used the materials in the box.  I love making favors, and since my daughter has a birthday coming up, I went with beach themed favor bags!  Here's how they turned out....


*To create the bag base, I cut down the bandana into 4" x 7" pieces.


*Then I cut some of the overlays from the Artbooking, Simply Sweet, and Summer Bliss Seasonal Cricut cartridges to use as stencils.
*After coloring in the stencils with the Tulip Fabric Markers, I used a fabric glue to close the sides.


*Since the Tulip Fabric Markers were fine tip, they fit perfectly into the small letters on the subway art style birthday title!
*The stars were another stencil, but I hand drew the dots.


*The buttons we got were so bright and colorful!  I paired this one up with this Key Lime Sorbet twine.


*For the second bag I stenciled on some waves, hand dotted the sand, and hand drew a beach ball.
(Note to self, don't use yellow and orange to close together, lol!)


*I loved how the lighter blue looks on top of the darker shade.

I think the last bag I created might be my fav!

*After coloring in the sunburst stencil, I drew a pink spiral center to finish it off.


*Just LOVE these colors!!



I can't wait to fill these with sunglasses, sunblock, and other goodies!  I hope you enjoyed my project!  Thanks again to Laura Kelly for all the amazing supplies!!  TFL, and hope everyone has a chance to craft today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company