Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Project (finally!)

July was such a busy month for us. In between our vacations, we managed to squeeze in attending my nephew's 1st birthday. The theme was underwater. So I made this surfboard sign. Here are the details:

Carts : Ocean of Words, Mickey Font

Materials: Deep cut blade, 12x24 cutting mat, moss green cricut marker, yellow poster board, 12x24 bazzil blue cardstock, white cardstock, Crystal Stickles,

Sizes: board @ 23 1/4", waves @ 23 1/4 ", letters @ 1 3/4 (paper saver selected)



I outlined the letters with a moss green colored Cricut marker to give the letters a little dimension.


I inked the entire outline of the board to give it a little color.


I also outlined the top of the waves with Crystal colored Stickles.


I like making useful projects, and if I can make them in a different shape, that's even better! This was my first time using the larger mat. I hadn't really used the deep cut blade, either, so this was a bit of an adventure for me. I was really excited to have it work out. I made sure to use the settings listed on the Cricut website. This could be made smaller to use on a page or would be a great card cover. You could also weld a couple of surfboard shapes together (using design studio) to make a surfboard shaped card. Hope you like this project. And hope everyone had a chance to craft today!

1 comment:

  1. Could you please tell me how you got this to cut at such a big size. Everytime I enter 23 1/4 and press reel dial it tells me the characters are too big. What keys exactly are you using. I am a teacher and I really want this on my door with my name on it. My email is Donnabischof@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company