Saturday, April 24, 2010

My First Cricut Cake Creation!

Hi Everybody!
Ok, I had told my kids and my husband that when the Cricut Cake was coming on HSN that I was going to be unavailable! I watched every airing they had that day! And in each airing, they showed a new cake idea, or there was a new tip I learned. It was just great, even though I knew that I wouldn't be able to buy it (yet.......). And then I got the best phone call ever from my mom. She told me she was buying it!!!! I had never loved her more than at that moment (hee-hee). It is the perfect partnership, because my mom has all the cooking/baking know-how, and I have all the Cricut know-how. So I am looking forward to making some great projects together! My mom and I used to do a lot of crafting together, but since there have been more grandchildren (most of them mine!) we stopped. So I'm glad that this can bring my mom and I little more bonding time again :) Anywhoo, my 5 year old had a show this past week, and when I heard the theme was farming, I immediately thought of the Animal Kingdom cart. Everyday Cricut had been doing projects with that cart, so this had brought the cart to my attention again. Plus I had been waiting for the perfect chance to test out the new Cake machine! So I grabbed some cookies from the market, some white fondant, and cut away! Details below:


*Animal Kingdom cart
*cow cut @ 2"



Because of time, I decided to paint the spots on the cow. I used Wilton Icing Colors. I just put a little bit of the coloring on a plate, and diluted it a little bit by dipping my paintbrush in water before dipping it in the coloring.

I cut this sheep in the frosting sheets that came with the HSN Cake package. If you use these, I would highly suggest that the design be VERY simple with minimal layers. I hope to bring you more cake projects coming soon! Hope everyone had a chance to craft today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company