Monday, May 3, 2010

MPS NSD CHALLENGE #4,5,8,9,11

Hi Everybody!
Whew! Did everybody have a great National Scrapbooking Day? I participated with Robyn over at My Pink Stamper with her NSD Celebration, and it was a blast! She was kind enough to give everyone until midnight CST tonight (Monday) to complete the challenges. But I think there was so many people trying to post their projects too, that her website kept crashing! But I was so proud of myself that I was able to finish ALL 12 of the challenges! So I still wanted to post them to share them with all of you. I hope you enjoy them, and please leave a comment to let me know what you think :) Hope everyone had a chance to craft today (unless you're still recovering from this past weekend!!).

Challenge #4-For this challenge we were to use our least favorite or least used cart. I picked the Opposites Attract cart. I wanted this cart so bad when it came out, because the way the script font looked, it looked like the letters would be welded together. This was pre-Design Studio, or Gypsy! But for this project I didn't even use the script font. I found this cute design instead :)
  • Thanks = Opposites Attract
  • oval and scallop = Mini Monograms (altered with my Gypsy)
  • cardstock = Stampin Up
  • ribbon = adhesive ribbon ?brand?


    Challenge #5 -Teacher Appreciation or someone you appreciate
  • Just Because cart
  • base = 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", inked edges
  • brown panel cut @ 5 1/2", embossed with swiss dots folder, inked edges
  • radish and title cut @ 5 1/2"

Challenge #8 -Make a monochromatic project & add a flower

  • Thanks = positive image from challenge #4
  • base = green (?) paper from Stampin Up
  • green strip = DCWV, embossed with Divine Swirls folder
  • flower = Prima, added pearl center

Challenge #9 -Shape project

  • Just Because cart
  • owl, p.51 using layer3/shadow feature & fit-to-page feature
  • sentiment p. 51, using stencil feature
  • prima flowers, pink brads added
  • paper = DCWV & stampin up


Challenge #11-Colors of the rainbow
  • Just Because cart-shape with fit-to-page feature
  • Zoo Balloo cart - happy birthday
  • paper-from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company