Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Her First Cricut

Hi Everybody!
We are still recovering from my daughter's birthday this past weekend.  It was a blast, though!  I wanted to share my FAVORITE picture from her birthday:


Isn't this how we all felt when we got our first Cricut?



I also made her and her little sister some t-shirts to wear for the party:



Okay, I know this is the name of my blog, but in this case it's a statement.  She really is!!


My middle one came up with this for her shirt:


I really like the way these came out.  I used some iron on glitter sheets from Joann's.  I cut the letter's and phrases out using my gypsy and Cricut.  This was easy to do.  My husband did a great job ironing them on for me.  (You can e-mail me for prices if anyone is interested in getting one.)  TFL, and hope everyone had a chance to craft today!

9 comments:

  1. Now that is PRECIOUS!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!! That Cricut Makes us all Feel Like Kids..:O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cute, my daughter would want to wear it everyday !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks extremely happy. Hope she has fun creating with her own. My daughter wants the pink one...Christmas maybe (if I don't give in before).

    Stay Creative
    Georgiana : )

    P.S. Those shirts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess lots of us can relate! I just finished a conversation with my husband when he was looking at a picture of my daughter from a couple of years ago (she was about 4) in my craft room where she had lined up several pretty spools of embroidery threads and had my silver sewing scissors in her hand. (I have LOTS of creative pursuits.) The conversation ended with him saying, "She's just like you...on steroids. Anything you can do, she can do better." LOL Looks like you have a similar crafting apprentice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe those shirts r too cute. i love the cricut kid one. cake35@cocmast.net xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, that pic is adorable!! I have a baby bug waiting for when my girls get a little older (they are 2 and 3). What cartridge is the cricut cut from?!!!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those shirts!!! Did the iron on glitter sheets cut easily on the cricut.. or, did you have to do any prepping of it first? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Looks like we almost had the same idea today! My daughter loves her Cricut, she also got hers for her Bday this yr. Shes 11 and It may be the only thing she has that the other children at school dont. Being an AHM of 3 little girls, this dont happen much!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company