Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day + 2 Guest Designers

Hi Everybody!
Well today did not start off like I wanted it to at all! I went to log onto the internet this morning and start my World Card Making Day Celebration, and I got an error message.  After a half hour on the phone with my provider, a half hour of my life that I'll never get back, I was told I needed a new modem.  They said they would be here between 1 and 5.  I was lucky enough that they didn't come at 4:55!!  So without further ado.......

Happy World Card Making Day!!

Stay tuned for a contest announcement!!





My first project I want to share with you today is from one of my favorite carts, Just Because.  I love this cart because on those days when your crafty mojo has taken a vacation, but you still want to make something, this cart has all the parts for you.  But if you happen to have your mojo, you can still go crazy embossing, and decorating the elements to the card.  All this and you can make envelopes too!  I love making birthday cards, 'cause it is always someone's birthday.  Here's what I came up with:


I decided to use primary colors, because that way I could use if for a guy or a girl.


I had cut a bunch of the Happy Birthday sentiment from Zoo Balloo when working on another card, so that when I needed one to stick inside a card I always had one ready :)


This cart is great to use up some of that patterned paper.  This Happy Birthday paper always seemed to busy for a layout to me, but I thought it was perfect for an envelope!




I asked a couple of my crafty blogger friends to help me celebrate today, and Abby from Cricut Me That was one of them who graciously agreed to help me!  I totally loved this card!  One of my favorite parts is that she made it with NO CRICUT!  Here's what she had to say about her card:

This was a SUPER easy card. 
*A2 size
*lime green, black and white card stock
*I free handed the ghost
*Double inked it (lime green, then black).
*Glued ghost on,
*Added BOO tag, stitched
Anyone can do this little guy:) no cricut needed.







Isn't that sooo cute??!?!  I thought the way she double inked it and made it look like it glowed in the dark was AWSOME!  So my second crafty friend who agreed to help me out was Tanya over at Scrappy Scavenger .  She created this gorgeous fall card.  Here's the supplies she used to make this great card:

*Black Card Stock, Paper Studio,
*Leaf Pattern Paper K & Co
*Yellow Card Stock
*Martha Stewart punch Double arch edger
*Pumpkins Imaginisce snag em' Apple Cider Collection
*Pop dots
*4 small blackish brown pearls
*Martha Stewart glitters Peridot, Onyx, brown Stone
*DCWV Stack 7 green wood grain paper
*DCWV Stack 7 Brown paper w green swirls
*Brown Martha Stewart woodland Paper
*EK Success edge punch
*Martha Stewart Coper Emboss Powder
*Heat Gun
*Zig 2 way pen
*ATG
*Martha Stewart Black ink








Who wouldn't love to get this card?!?!  I think she did such a great job :)  There are so many talented designers out there, and I'm lucky to be friends with some of them.  Hope you get to make a card today, and if you get a chance visit your favorite crafty blogger and show some love with a nice comment!

5 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and creative cards! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I'm glad your internet is better. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounded a lot like mine! It was crazy! I like that you use the busy paper on envelopes, I like to use mine on letters. Abby and You did an AWESOME job! We're a,also glad to have a crafty friend like you!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company