Friday, December 10, 2010

A Festive Family Friday!!

Hi Everybody!
It's a Festive Family Friday!  This time I challenged my designers to create an ornament.  These are great to do with your kids, and become treasured keepsakes in the future :O)  Please click on the designers name to head over to their blog for more details!  And as always, feel free to show some love with a comment!!


For my ornaments, I made this easy, but blingy one with my daughter.  We used a portait picture in the middle, and attacked it with glitter!  This one will be easy to put in a scrapbook layout, or put away with the ornaments to put up again next year.


I made these with my older daugher for her to pass out to her friends.  We used colored permanent markers to draw these trees.  Then we used Stickles to add some sparkly snow at the bottom of the tree. 


We wrote Merry X-mas from Marisa, and taaa-daaa! She now can proudly pass them out in class.



First up is my disk ornaments my kids will be making for our family members. These are super simple but so cute because they include pictures of my boys. I used "Keepsakes" flat disk ornaments. After I used Photoshop to add their names and the year, my boys cut their school pictures from this year to fit in the 3" circle and I glued the sides together. What a simple but soon-to-be cherished ornament.





The second is a wonderful ornament that could double as a stocking stuffer!! "Grinch Pills" could be perfect for that person on your Christmas list that just doesn't have the Holiday Spirit. Over on my blog, I have included jpg files for you to make your own double or single sided "Grinch Pills" and the Gypsy file for you to cut the tic tac wrapper with your Cricut.
 
 









We had soooo much fun this week with our challenge. The kiddos LOVED making these.



Even though the holidays are whizzing by, make sure you take the time to enjoy them.  If one less person gets a card so you can spend the time with your family instead, that's ok!!  Thanks for joining us :O)





3 comments:

  1. Jenny, Thanks for sharing!!! I've really enjoy being a part of your design team!! :)

    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all so cute i love them all

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company