Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thankful Thursday Reminder, and Cosmo Cricket Day 4!!

Hi Everybody!
I hope you all are having a great week so far.  Only one more day until the weekend, whoooooo hoooo!  So for today, I just want to remind you all that you still have one more week to enter the current Thankful Thursday Challenge HERE.  You can enter to win an AMAZING prize pack from Post-it!  If you haven't tried their craft paper yet, or live somewhere you can't find it then you NEED to enter this challenge! 


Next, I want to share my project I made for day 4 of Cosmo Cricket!  The Scrapbooking Queen and her design team are highlighting CC all week long, so check in with us everyday this week!  Here is what I came up with for today:

*Pink By Design = Big Thoughts set
*twine and buttons from my stash
*glass candle holder from Dollar Tree!
 



*Cosmo Cricket paper is double sided, so this project still looks good on the inside too!


The paper ring will slide right off, so you don't have to worry about any fire danger!  Or you can just use a flameless candle :o)  I thought this turned out really nice, and can't wait to make a bunch more of these to put out on our patio.  My kids will be out of school in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait to start those summer nights out in the backyard!  There's nothing like roasting hot dogs, with smores for dessert! 

Don't forget you can keep up with everything Cosmo Cricket on their Facebook Page HERE, and on the Cosmo Cricket blog HERE


Here's the lineup in case you get lost or need to stop along the way:
Theresa
Cristi
Jenny
Jin
Kassidy
Liz
Raven
Rosy
Ruth
Theresa

TFL, and hope everyone has a chance to craft today :oD

17 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love decorating everyday things around the house. The paper looks great!

    -rwk
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super, duper cute! i love that you can see the pretty paper on both sides!!

    How did you get it to look so good on the curved surface of the votive??

    http://forthejoyofcreating.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. morn'n. loving this. very elegant and changeable for a fire place. i to love roasted hot dogs in smores. yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little gift that would make.
    TFS!
    Kathie
    Kathlee154atgmaildotcom
    http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I am so not good at thinking outside the box! My stuff is always layouts or cards. Period. LOL So I love getting ideas like this from other people! :)
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com
    sospoileditscute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Jenny! Your back yard is going to be super sparkly!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..what an awesome idea, i have tons of these candle holders, I used to buy candles in them from Glade...I knew if I kept them long enough..I would find a use for them...Thank U for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That double sided paper is just the right touch. I love how this turned out. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh what an awesome idea, I love it. Hard to believe summer is finally getting here. Thanks so much for sharing
    Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute idea!!


    sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
    sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that! So cute and inexpensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Super teacher gift idea!
    jpshirley@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this projectso simple yet beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  15. With all the problems with blogger I sure hope I did the blog hop correctly. Some sites weren't showing the site but I still left comments for this day posted. Wish me luck. Thanks for the BLog HOp. Nenerscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company