Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cooking With Cricut Design Team Day - Peach Challenge!

Hi Everybody!
How have you all been enjoying your summer?  Ours "ended" a couple of weeks ago when my two oldest went back to school (honestly it's YAY and BOO at the same time!).  But now I am getting back into the swing of things.  So August is National Peach Month and the 24th is National Peach Pie Day....So for this Cooking With Cricut challenge how about some Peachy projects! Anything with a Peach!  I have never used a peach on a project, so this was a little bit of a challenge.  Here's how my project came out:

*Preserves cartridge
*Preserves Cuttlebug Companion embossing folders
*Pink By Design = Sweet Summer set
*Peachy Keen stamps =  Wide Eyed Kids Face Assortment
*Stampin' Up! ribbon and all peach colored cardstock
*all paper from my scrap stash!




*I decided to try rubbing an ink pad over the embossing. Not a new technique, but new to me! I was actually pretty happy with how it turned out. 




*I put pop dots under the bottom mat to give a little bit different dimension.
*Of course pop dots under the peach too!




 *I thought this sentiment was too perfect for this card!

There ya go!  I hope you liked it, and now head on over to Cooking With Cricut  to join us in this Peachy challenge :oD

4 comments:

  1. very cute,, i just love it,, thanks for sharing:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a sweet challenge that I want to try but only if I can find the time. I already have an idea floating around in my head. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh jenny, love the peachy face... so cute!

    -- dalis

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really cute card, I love the face on it too.
    alisha.moorenielsen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company