Tuesday, December 6, 2011

CCR Talk Time Tuesday - Saving Holiday Recipes

Hi Everybody!
Today is Talk Time Tuesday over at Creative Cutter Room!  My tip for you all today is about saving those treasured family recipes.  I think it's very important to preserve those favorite dishes.  All to often they get lost or forgotten, and if the person they came from is no longer with us, the delicious food, and the memories that come with it can be lost forever. 

I have a favorite recipe for Pumpkin Bread, and while it didn't come from a family member (thank you Martha Stewart!), it has become a tradition in our family to hand out this out as a gift every year.  Also, creating beautiful packaging is almost as fun as making the bread!  And as my kids get older, they enjoy helping me make it :)  Making a pretty card to write the recipe on also can be fun!  Here is the recipe card I made:


*Cosmo Cricket = patterned paper
*Stampin' Up! = scallop punch
*Pink By Design = Kitchen Puns set,  Recipe front background stamp
*Bugaboo = digi stamp
*twine = The Twinery








This card is all ready for me to write the recipe on!  And I think it's also important to write it in my own handwriting to make it more special in the future.  TFL, and I hope you all enjoy your holiday season :OD

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this. There are so many recipes and not only can they get lost but also the pages, some of the very old and well used, become hard to read. I think it is going to be a project to work on next year for me.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company