Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cooking With Cricut Design Team Day - Child's Valentine Challenge!

Hi Everybody!

I'm sorry I've not posted for a few days, but I've been busy running around checking things out at the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) show!!!  For those of you that don't know, it's where a TON of companys (Action Wobbles, Cosmo Cricket, Market Street, Echo Park, Prima, etc.) show the new stuff they've come out with for this year.  So stay tuned for some fun pictures and CHA posts coming up :) 

Anywhoo, on to another challenge from Cooking With Cricut!!!  Today's challenge is to make a Child's Valentine theme. You must use the colors pink, red and white on your project.  Of course I had a TON of ideas for this!  So here's the project I decided to make:


*Jaded Blossom = Love Bites set (sentiment), Valentine Treats (little heart)
*paper, and bling from my stash
*red Stickles



*This ADORABLE little guy only took me 30 min to make (including design and cut time)!  So if you have to make treats for a whole class or something, I would recommend on of these little bags from the Mini Monsters cartridge.

*These are simple to put together, and you can fit 2 on one 12" x 12" paper.



* I used different size black bling for the eyes.




*I thought this sentiment was so perfect for this project!!

*I added bling to the stamped heart with some Stickles.




* I inked and stitched for added detail :)



I love how this little guy turned out, and will be making these for all my kids classes.  Now it's your turn.  Head on over to Cooking With Cricut and enter the challenge!!

5 comments:

  1. Awe, Jenny, you made this monster look so CUTE! I LOVE the sentiment on there too! So fitting! He is sure to make any kid smile!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, This little monster and that stamp are PERFECT together!!! Oh how fun!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny I just love this cute little treat bag, he is so cute and I love the blingy eyes and the sentiment! TFS.

    Debbie B
    WorkinScrappinMomof4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company