Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Between the Folds Challenge - Water

Hi Everybody!   

This week at Between The Folds, the Challenge Theme is all about water.



 Create a project with water incorporated in it somehow. It could be pool, beach, lake pictures, water colour paints...anything as long as water is included some how.


Here is my project for this challenge!

Supply List:

*Picture My Life Watercolor cards - gold
*Watercolor Paints
*paintbrush set
*Pocket Scrapbooking page protector - Design 5
*Amusement Park stamp set

I created a Picture My Life layout.  Omgosh, I totally love this style of scrapbooking!  It is so ridiculously easy to get pages done!  And using the watercolor cards makes it a fun, and no-stress way to embellish the layout.  Let's take a look!


*I used the colors from the Magical Paper Pack as inspiration.  The black, red, yellow, and blue tones went perfect with the different pictures I had from Disneyland!

*I loved that I could incorporate trips from all different years into one layout.



 
* There are a few different watercolor techniques I used. 

*The large card on the left is just a simple stripe pattern.  After letting it dry, I then stamped the rollercoaster from the Amusement Park stamp set
directly on top.

*For the heart card, I used the "Smooshing" technique.  This is where you add the watercolor paint directly onto a plastic surface.  I used an acrylic block.  After adding the paint onto the block, I layed the watercolor card directly on top.  Such a fun, unpredictable look!

*The last card on the bottom right I created by painting the yellow center part first.  I then went in and painted a black border.  I did the "Splatter" technique to add the splatters of blue color.  This technique is where you add lots of paint to the end of your brush, and then sort of shake it over your project.  It's very important to have a lot of room to do this technique!  Otherwise you may end up splattering more than your project, lol!
 




*One last tip I have for this layout is to cut your pictures!  GASP!  I know, but it's not as scary as it sounds!  I was able to use this 4" x 6" picture in 2 of the smaller pockets by cutting it in half.


I hope you enjoyed my project!  Head on over to the Between the Folds Challenge to link up with us!


*Order a catalog along with other crafty supplies on my site HERE.

TFL, and hope everyone has a chance to craft today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company