Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My First Class!!

Hi Everybody! Well, I finally did it. I had been wanting to do some crafting classes for a long time. I really love making cards, scrapbook pages, and (more so lately) home decor stuff. So this past Saturday, I finally had my first class. My friend was SO HELPFUL, and talked to her friends, and co-workers about coming to the class. She really helped out with word of mouth, and handing out some invitations I had made. Everyone had a great time, and loved the projects we made. I think I was a little ambitious for my first class. I ended up having too many projects to make! And because I wasn't sure how many people were coming, I only cut about half of the stuff that we needed for the projects. The really good thing is that with my Cricut, I was able to cut stuff out pretty fast, and it only slowed things down a little. Everybody was really understanding about that and about being my guinea pigs!! We got started a little late, and ran out of time. But the good thing is that we decided to have a part two to the class. That is planned for May 16th. In this class we will be making the stationary box, a Tigger card, and a little mini album. Please post a comment if you would be interested in coming. Take a look at all of our hard work:










Here is the outside of the stationary box. I found the directions for this project on Splitcoast Stampers.com. I added the scalloped circle, and inked the edges in white.




Here is the inside. The notepad on the left is a mini address book, or notebook. The little pocket to the right is to hold stamps. The stamp underneath says S.W.A.K. (sealed with a kiss).





This is one of the cards we made to go inside the box. It is the project from the Walk In My Garden cartridge handbook. I used Stampin' Up In Color card stock. The In colors are a from last year, I think.




This was a little tag made with the New Arrival cartridge.



The example I made was inked with a darker color than was used in the class. This one was a little too dark for my taste.




This giraffe tag is the project in the New Arrival cartridge handbook. Everyone had a good time expanding on the chalking and coloring on his face. Some people put eyelashes, lips, but they all looked super cute!



This was the card we made to give with the box for Mother's Day. We ran out of time for the box, but at least they will have this beautiful card to give her! I had made this card at a Stampin' Up consultants card class.



This is the Tigger card we didn't get to make this time, but will be making in a couple of weeks. This is the project from the Winnie the Pooh font cartridge.

That was all the ones we had made in the class. I had also made some for examples. This Hello Kitty card was one I had made. I saw some cards online that were also made on clear plastic, and I loved the look. It was a bit of a challenge making sure I stamped the information in just the right spot on the inside, and to layer things the right way, but I was able to figure it out! I used the Hello Kitty characters cartridge on this one.

Also for example, I showed this invitation that I had made for my daughter's birthday a couple of years ago.


That's it so far. Thank you to everyone in the class for all their hard work, and especially to Alma for all the other hard work she did getting her house ready for the class! I really look forward to doing it again. OK, I'm off to bed. I hope everyone had a chance to craft today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company