Thursday, June 4, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Gift

Hi Everybody :)

I am hoping to be able to make a few thank you gifts for my kids teachers, but if not, I at least was able to make these cute little card sets. There are 3 Just a Note, and 3 Thank You cards. They deserve a lot, 'cause they work so hard, so I at least wanted to give them a little thank you!


Ok, now for the details:

SUPPLIES

Paper: White = PaperTrey Inc., Black = Joann's brand black/white paper pack, Red = unknown
Color for apple stem & leaf : Marvy Uchida Puffy Velvet Fabric Markers
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Cricut Cartridge: Doodlecharms (apple), Mini Monograms (circle scallop)
Misc: Brads = unknown, adhesive = Zig 2-way glue pen, hole punch for around scallop = unknown, pop up glue dots (behind apple) = Zots


These were simple cards to put together. Here's how I did it.

DIRECTIONS:

1. Cut 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white cardstock in half to get a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece. Fold in half using bone folder (or score at the half way mark) to form standard card size.

2. Using Mini Monograms, cut a scallop circle at 3 1/2" on Real Dial Size.

3. Punch holes in scallops using 1/8" hole punch.

4. Using Doodlecharms, cut apple in white using blackout feature. Turn off blackout feature. Cut same apple in red at 2 1/2" in Real Dial Size. Layer red apple on top of white apple, and glue together.

5. Cut 1 black strip at 1" x 4 1/4". Cut another black strip at 1 1/4 " x 4 1/4".

6. Cut 1 white piece at 3/4 x 4 1/4". Cut another white piece at 1" x 4 1/4".

7. On the longer white piece stamp Thank You sentiment. Stamp Just a Note sentiment on other white piece.

8. Using 1/8" hole punch, punch 1 hole on each side of sentiment. Put in brads.

9. Take red apple, and color stem with olive color fabric marker. Color leaf with green fabric marker. Using heat gun, dry marker until paint puffs up. It may bubble up, but that's ok. That gives it more texture.

10. Begin layering card as seen in picture.

(The apple was put on with a 3D pop up glue dot. Everything else was adhered using a tape runner, and the Zig glue pen.)

11. Give cards to someone who will appreciate them!

I will hopefully start to remember to take pictures of each step so the directions won't have to be so wordy, and easier to follow.

I was able to make 24 of these in two days. If you don't have three little kids, then I think you could absolutely make at least this many in one day. I tried to find where I got the design idea from, but I didn't seem to save the website. I wanted to give credit where it's due! The color scheme was simple, but had a nice contrast. I thought these were cards that the teachers would be able to use for them, or next year to send home a note for a parent or something. Ok, I think that is it. Hopefully if anyone needs an idea for a simple, and quick project/card, this will help. Hope everyone had a chance to craft today!

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog! I was given a Cricut for my BDay few days ago & can't wait to get to work! If you don't mind, I'll pop in & out every now & then to check on your ideas, yes? Cheers, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you found me Julie! You are going to LOVE the Cricut. There is soooo much stuff you can make. From cards, to scrapbook pages, to things to put on pillows and t-shirts. Check in as often as you like. You can also become a follower of my blog if you like. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company