Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pictures of movie invites

Hi Everybody!

I know it's been a while, and I am overdue for a promised video and new projects. That is still a priority for me, and with our new baby (a boy!!!) due in January, I definitely want to squeeze in as much crafting time as I can. It's also a great sanity-saver! Now, on to the projects. I've had problems loading the movie I made for these invitations, so in the meantime, I want to post the details for the finished products. These were not hard to make, and using the assembly line method, I was able to make 12 in two days. I cut out all my pieces the first day, and put together the invites on the second day. Here are the details:


Cartridges: Mickey and Friends, Tags, Bags, Boxes & More, Mini Monograms, George, & Paper Dolls

Sizes: (OUTSIDE) filmstrip (M&F cart) = 1 1/2", popcorn box (TBBM cart)= 4 1/2", popcorn (flower on MM cart) = 3/4", tickets (M&F cart) = 1/2 "

(INSIDE) outline of movie screen (George cart)= 5", seat back (George cart) = 1 3/4", armrest (balloon with bottom cut off - George cart), hair (PD cart)




I printed the Now Showing on the computer and selected a size that would fit inside the film strip squares. I printed it on regular copy paper. The stripes for the popcorn box I just cut from white card stock. The popcorn I traced with a yellow Cricut marker onto off white paper to look more like butter!

My daughter wanted it to look like people were sitting watching a movie, so we used one of the shapes from George (it was like an oval with the flat ends), and cut long balloons for the arm rests. I just cut the seat back in half, and cut the bottom of the balloons off. We then cut some hair using the Paper Dolls cart, and glued it with just the tops showing. I also cut some vellum to create the "movie screen" I printed the information on regular copy paper and glued it down, then the vellum, then the black rectangle outline.

These invites were not hard to put together, and sooooo easy with my Cricut! Please let me know if there are any questions on any of it, and/or just leave a comment to let me know what you think! Thanks, and hope everyone had a chance to craft today!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company