Saturday, October 3, 2009

Celebrate National Card Making Day!

Today is National Card Making Day, and in celebration, I wanted to share a quick party invite you can make. It's post card style, so that makes it all the easier to create! Here are the details:

Cartridges: Paper Dolls, Celebrations
Sizes: Pirate Girl = 2 1/2", It's a Party = 3 1/2"
Materials: black cardstock, hot pink cardstock, flesh colored cardstock, deckled edge scissors


After creating the pirate girl, I inked the edges of her hat to separate the pink on pink. I cut the edges of the pink with decorative scissors to give it a little extra :)
I also traced the features of her face to give it a little more detail.
To keep it simple, I printed the party information on my computer, and inked the edges to give it a worn "pirate map" feel. The skull was the accessory on the cartridge for the pirate girl doll.
And that's it! If you cut all the parts at once, it would be really easy to make a lot of these invites. And you can easily change the figure to whatever theme will work for your celebration. I hope everyone had a chance to celebrate National Card Making Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company