Friday, August 6, 2010

Family Friday #2

Hi Everybody!
Thank you sooooooooooo very much to everybody who entered my first Family Friday!  I also just wanted to add a note about this challenge.  I will provide a project for inspiration every Friday, but not an "assignment".  Things don't always (or ever?!?!) go as planned with kids, so to make it as stress-free and enjoyable as possible, I will provide inspiration, but you guys are free to post whatever project you come up with :)  Ok, so for this week, I want to show you part one of  a little travel kit I made for my 2 oldest girls.  They took a trip up north with my parents (I know, they're BRAVE), and I wanted to give them something to do on the long trip.  Details below:




 I took a plain yellow folder, and cut this title out using the Graphically Speaking cart.  Using patterned paper makes it look more decorative without having to do anything to it. 




Then I used the Princess Face Assortment from Peachy Keen stamps to give it a playful look.




Since my kids were going on a long car trip, I printed some activities from the internet, and took some worksheets and put them inside. This kit was a surprise, so I wrote directions, and a little mommy love note on the pockets of the folder. 




Since I cut this title with plain paper, I decided to emboss it with the Spots and Dots folder.  The Cuttlebug is very kid friendly, and easy to use with kids.




 More Peachy Keen faces :)




I made sure to put age appropriate activities in each folder.


That's it!  I made this for a trip, but with school coming up, this would be a great way to decorate school folders and help get the kids excited for school.  If you have Locker Talk, Making the Grade, or any of the classroom carts, you could use any of those cuts to decorate the cover.  Hope you like this, and can't wait to see what you and the kids in your life create this week!  Don't forget, if we have more than 10 entries, we will have a prize drawing.  But the main goal is still to spend time with the little ones in our lives.  Thanks again, and hope everyone has a chance to craft today!


6 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, and more cute. I wish I had thought of this before I left for vacation this week. Don't worry though, I'll be prepared for the next trip. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. My son and i will start working on our project. Thanks for having Family Fridays it is a great idea and my son and I enjoy it so much. I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to join us. we plan on making this our little tradition.Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute!
    thanks for following my blog! I'm following you back :)

    http://thescrapoholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I added one to share. It was from the middle of July. (ON my post you have to scroll down some.) But my son and I made a thank you card for his teachers at VBS. He is 3 so I asked him what he wanted on the card, what colors, ect.. then I cut them out and he helped glue them on. I cant wait till he gets a little older so I can do more cricut stuff with him. Right now he paints a lot and he loves to stamp. Now if he is good at M or J he gets to pick out a new stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well we originally made bookmarks, but I forgot to take pics and NEVER got around to taking them....so I will use what we did today as the entry!! Thanks for this fun weekly challenge and THANK YOU for the reminder that our kids "just wanna have fun" too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company