Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pink By Design Design Team Project - Retirement Banner


Hi Everybody!
I am so super excited to be doing my first post on the new Pink By Design Stamps blog! Have you seen all the stuff there is, including the messageboard?!?! There are challenges, you can post any projects you've made, questions you have, anything! Now onto my project.

My dad is retiring this year after teaching for over 20 years.  We're all so excited to have him home, and my kids are looking forward to having a full time grandpa (grandma is too!!). The school and the families are having a fancy dinner at my FAVORITE Cuban restaurant (yuuuuuummmmyyy!), and I'll be putting this banner up as part of the decorations.  It's my very first one, so be gentle! Thank you to my friend Ruthie for inspiring me to try one :)



  • B is for Boy cartridge = banner and all banner layers
  • Baby Steps = font
  • Pink By Design stamps = Hat's Off, Canvas background stamp
  • Banner and all layers = 5 1/2", 15 cuts of each layer. This amount of letters would also work for CONGRATULATIONS, and GRADUATION.
  • font = various sizes from 1 1/2" to 2 3/4" (I used my gypsy to make some letters bigger to fit the shape better.)



It's kind of hard to tell in the picture, but the blue square on the right has the texture background stamp added to it. It really adds a lot in person!


I hope you enjoyed the video, and don't forget to check back everyday for your daily dose of Pink By Design inspiration on the Pink By Design Stamps blog :) 

1 comment:

  1. Great banner!! Would have never guess it is your first!!! Love it! Congrats on your Dads retirement. :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company