Monday, December 7, 2009

#1 in Calendar Series (Feb., Mar., Apr.)

Hi Everybody!

Can you believe there is only about 17 days left until Christmas!?! This time of year seems to go by so fast. So every year for Christmas gifts, I make calendars so everyone can see what we've been up to all year. Sometimes I get lucky and find some of the premade, blank calendars at Target in the dollar section. This year they had some in 8x8 size. This saves a lot of time and money for me. So I will be posting my progress so that if any of you need any gift ideas, feel free to use these ones! I try to do them in order, but I don't always have the pictures I need ready right away. Here are the first 3 months I did:


This page is for the month of February.
  • Designer's Calendar cart
  • p.66, events function selected, the hat and balloon
  • Wildcard cart
  • p.61, phrase function selected, Happy Birthday title
  • alphabet function selected, created the letters for Happy Valentine's Day
  • p. 67, icon function selected, arrows with hearts
  • Celebrations cart
  • p. 23, border function selected, press shift, 1 with candle


For the month of March, we went to the zoo alot, so I went with that theme.
  • Animal Kingdom cart
  • p. 105, sound function selected, zoo title
  • p. 112, border function selected, lions
  • p. 102, head function selected, elephant head (traced with Cricut markers)
  • GYPSY TIP: After completing a cut, you will come to the screen that asks you to unload mat, add to design, or return to design. To trace a cut with a marker, you can select return to design. Delete every cut except the one you would like to trace with the marker. After changing the pressure and speed, go ahead and "cut" the design like normal.

Here is the page for April.
  • Designer's Calendar cart
  • p. 38, events feature selected, Easter
  • created letters for "Hoppy"
  • Gypsy Wandering
  • egg, bunny, and Happy Birthday
  • Graphically Speaking cart
  • arrows,
  • Plantain Schoolbook cart
  • grass


This project can be done in stages, and that makes it a looooot more do-able!

  1. print pictures
  2. select pictures for layout
  3. design simple layout
  4. decide which cuts/stickers you would like to use
  5. adhere to page

I did all of these as separate steps, and this made it so I could accomplish more when I did sit down to work on it. Ok, that's it for now. A video will be posted on my YouTube channel in the next couple of days (http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyAboutCricut) if you would like to see a video for this project. If you subscribe to my channel, you will be notified when a new video is loaded. Thanks, and hope everyone had a chance to craft today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2010
Blog Design by The Shabby Vanity

With Tweaks and Additions by VK Design Company